There are 7 main types of turtle found in the ocean including; Green, Leatherback, Hawksbill, Kemp's Ridley, Olive Ridley, Flatback, and Loggerhead. Loggerhead turtles is most often seen and is the only sea turtle species listed (1978) as endangered. They are found on the southeastern coast of the United States, does that sound familiar to anyone? They are common to where we will be visiting on our class trip. There are many conservation organizations that are helping to try and save the species. Key points in this presentation would be:
Introduction of Sea Turtles:
- Basic Information
- Simple Ecology
- Outer Banks
- Human impacts
- Natural impacts
- Conservation Aspects
- SEE turtles
- Actions we can take
- What to be aware of
1. This academic journal gives information researched on Forging sites, migration, and habitat modulation.
2. A temperate habitat for three species of threatened sea turtles. This link is for another academic journal with information on three species of threatened turtles including Loggerheads.
1. Information on sea turtles from sea world experts.
2. Here you can find all the basic information one would need to know about Loggerhead Turtles. Description, habitat, size/weight/age, diet, life history, and much more.
3. More basic information about loggerhead turtles to use and compare with other research and data recorded.